Fall 2019 YOGA
The Contemplative Sciences Center offers a robust schedule of yoga classes taught by experienced instructors. CSC collaborates with partners across Grounds and Charlottesville.
The Fall 2019 Yoga schedule below
Free Night Owl Yoga
- Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8 pm-9 pm at AFC MP1.
Contemplative DROP-IN classes in Clemons Library (Room 220) are free for all UVA students, faculty, staff, and other UVA affiliates who have an IM Rec membership. All levels and experiences welcome. No registration required.Mysore Ashtanga Yoga - Pass Required
Individually-focused Ashtanga yoga series within a group setting for all levels.Location: NGRC & AFC
Drop in any part of the timeframes below. Mysore Style is an open practice time, meaning you may come and start your practice anytime between the scheduled hours, just simply leave enough time to ﬁnish before the class ends. Instruction is tailored to each student's level. New students should allow 15 to 45 minutes for practice. As strength, stamina, flexibility, and mental faculties build, more of the sequence will be learned and one’s practice will gradually lengthen.
- Mysore Monday-Friday, 6:00-8:30am, NGRC, MP3
- Beginner Mysore Monday-Thursday, 8:30-9:30am, NGRC, MP3
- Ashtanga Yoga Tuesday & Thursday, 5:30-6:30pm, AFC, MP1
- Yoga Theory and Practice Discussion/Q&A with coffee and snacks Fridays 8:30-9:30AM, Wet room, NGRC
- Led Ashtanga Primary Series (Counted Vinyasa), Saturday 9:00-10:30am NGRC, MP3
- 4 Session Intro to Ashtanga Sept. 7&8 and 14&15 (Saturday & Sunday) 12:00-1:00pm, NGRC
To participate in the Ashtanga Yoga classes mentioned above, purchase one of the following passes:
1) One Month Pass for $40
This allows access to Mysore Ashtanga Yoga classes only. No membership required.
This allows access to all Group Ex classes; Available only to students and IM-Rec Sports members.
3) Guest Pass
Non-members/guests may purchase single class passes for Mysore Ashtanga Yoga. Pricing/policies here.
How to Purchase Passes
If you are a gym member, you still need to purchase a pass.
Purchase passes by calling 434-924-3791 OR visit IM-Rec Sports Business Services located in the Aquatic & Fitness Center and North Ground Recreation Center.
Visit here for IM-Rec Sports Membership Information.
Session I (Sept. 7 & 8) 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Instructor: John Bultman
Full Fall 2019 schedule of Yoga offered through CSC: