Yoga Fall 2019
The Contemplative Sciences Center offers a robust schedule of yoga classes taught by experienced instructors. CSC collaborates with partners across Grounds and Charlottesville.
Free yoga and contemplative drop-in classes in Clemons Room 220 through May 3, 2019.
Free Night Owl Yoga Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8 pm-9 pm at AFC MP1 will resume August, 2019.
These drop in classes are free for all UVA students, faculty, staff, and other UVA affiliates who have an IM Rec membership. All levels and experiences welcome. No RSVP required.
MYSORE ASHTANGA YOGA - Pass Required
Individually-focused Ashtanga yoga series within a group setting for all levels.
(The schedule below will begin July 8, 2019)
Drop in any part of the timeframes below. Mysore Style is an open practice time, meaning you may come and start your practice anytime between the scheduled hours, just simply leave enough time to ﬁnish before the class ends. Instruction is tailored to each student's level. New students should allow 15 to 45 minutes for practice. As strength, stamina, flexibility, and mental faculties build, more of the sequence will be learned and one’s practice will gradually lengthen.
- Mysore Monday-Friday, 6:00-8:30am, NGRC, MP3
- Beginner Mysore Monday-Thursday, 8:30-9:30am, NGRC, MP3
- Ashtanga Tuesday & Thursday, 5:30-6:30pm, AFC, MP1
- Led Ashtanga Primary Series (Counted Vinyasa), Saturday 9:00-10:30am NGRC, MP3
- 4 Session Intro to Ashtanga, Sept. 7-8 and 14-15 (Saturday & Sunday) 12:00-1:00pm, NGRC