CSC faculty member wins award for mindfulness research.
(Last updated on May 10, 2019)
Founded in 2012, the Contemplative Sciences Center (CSC) is an innovative interdisciplinary center at the University of Virginia dedicated to the exploration of well-being, human flourishing, and experiential learning.
The Contemplative Sciences Center has the following employment opportunities:
Anticipated Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience and credentials
Position Objective and Job Summary
The Contemplative Sciences Center is seeking an Operations Coordinator to provide fiscal, logistical and administrative support to the Director of Operations as well as overall support to the Center. The Operations Coordinator will coordinate all aspects of multiple events throughout the year, including conferences and visiting speakers. He/she will also be the primary person who is responsible for fiscal tasks such as travel and expense reconciliation, purchasing including purchase orders and vendor relations, etc.
A high school diploma is required with at least one year of experience. Bachelor's degree with at least two years of administrative experience is preferred. This job is ideal for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has an interest in contemplative practices and efforts to promote well-being, and enjoys providing assistance to busy professionals. The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and administrative abilities. The candidate must also work with great attention to detail, show initiative, and demonstrate flexibility to respond to varying demands. Proficiency with technology and willingness to learn new software is required. Experience with UVA systems is preferred. Continued employment is contingent upon availability of funds.
Visit https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search for Operations Coordinator. Complete a staff application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. The position will remain open until filled.
For questions about the position or application process please contact:
Ashley Cochran, Senior Academic Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Contemplative Sciences Center at the University of Virginia is seeking self-motivated student(s) to assist with a broad range of the Center’s activities, including business operations, fundraising, communications, events management, and data processing.
Position Objective and Job Summary
This position provides broad support for the Center as needed throughout the office. Duties include:
- Providing administrative assistance as needed: filing, preparing correspondence and mailings, scheduling, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Help manage and update website
- Help promote Center activities: design & distribute flyers, send email announcements, etc.
- Help manage social media for CSC
- Help organize and execute Center events including events for UVA students
- Helping process data of various types related to contemplation
- CSC is seeking student assistant(s) for the 2018-19 school year. Expected hours per week are 8-10 and compensation will be $12/hour
- Interest in and desire to learn more about contemplation and its role at the University of Virginia
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to work independently and manage time well
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- (Desired but not necessary) Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Send the following via email to Juliet Trail at email@example.com.
- Cover Letter including information about your availability (spring, summer and/or fall as well as ideal number of hours/week)
- 2-3 References
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.