Job Opening: Chief of Staff
Job Opening: Chief of Staff
The Contemplative Sciences Center (CSC) seeks applications for a Chief of Staff. This position will serve as key advisor and partner for the Executive Director, providing strategic management and direct oversight of financial and operational resources, and will be a key member of the Center’s Leadership team. The position will have primary responsibility for oversight of the Center’s finances, operations and all planning processes.
Working in collaboration with the Executive Director this position is responsible for managing cross functional areas to include, but not limited to, budget, finance, facilities, human resources and programming activities. The incumbent manages operations, resources and personnel to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services to students, faculty, and others. This position has a leading role in the Center’s partnerships with UVA departments, schools and the Provost’s office.
- Manage the administrative, operational, financial affairs, and special projects of the executive's office or unit or department.
- Perform advanced executive decision support duties including fact finding, research and analysis, preparation of position papers, reports, and presentations, and managing the public face of the office.
- Assist with annual budget planning, assessing past expenses and drafting budgets, and preparing routine and special budget requests.
- Draft internal and external correspondence, executive summaries, and talking points for departmental or unit leadership and other senior administrators.
- Coordinate and participate in HR functions including providing input for job descriptions, recruitment, compensation review, employee relations, performance management and development and answering HR process questions to ensure adequate staffing and administration of personnel resources are supported on a local level.
- Represent the executive, acting as liaison for departmental or unit leadership with internal and external groups, offices, and constituents.
- Serve as principal departmental contact for financial and operational matters.
- Supervise several positions and represents the CSC with the Provost Office and on institutional priorities.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or related discipline.
Experience: 8 or more years of related experience.
This position is In-Person with the option of being Hybrid located in Charlottesville, VA.
This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding and performance. Anticipated Hiring Range: is commensurate with education and experience and can be found at the Workday job posting.
This is an Exempt level, benefited position. For more information on the benefits at UVA, visit www.hr.virginia.edu/benefits.
This position will remain open until filled. Review of applicants will begin November 13, 2023.
This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
Please apply through Workday.
Complete an application online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all required documents will not receive full consideration.
References will be completed via UVA’s standardized process Skill Survey. A total of five references will be requested via SkillSurvey during the final phase of the interview process.
For questions about the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com.
For more information about UVA and the Charlottesville community please see http://www.virginia.edu/life/charlottesville and https://embarkcva.com/.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.