FLOURISH@UVA: Kickstarting habits for happier, healthier Hoos (a mobile app)
FLEXIBLE FEATURES: Using smartphones at their own pace, students are invited to take a "Daily Pause," track their moods and activities, engage in guided practices, pursue challenges that focus on a specific healthy habit of their choice, and explore additional UVA resources that support flourishing by listening to podcasts, watching videos, taking quizzes, and learning about different approaches to flourishing.
TO GET STARTED, UVA STUDENTS CAN:
- Download the App (Apple, Android)
- Register with UVA email address
- Watch the "Get to Know Flourish Video" in the app's Explore Tab
- Pick a habit to track in the Habit Wheel
- Check out the Daily Pause in the Feed
KEYS TO FLOURISHING: The app is based on six research-based keys to flourishing:
- Physical Health
AN EVIDENCE-BASED TOOL: This UVA app is based on the UniWellBeing platform, which is grounded in the latest research on how to connect small habits to more complex practices and behavior transformation.